Monday, October 22, 2007

Boo-tiful Day for a Drive




After church and a quick lunch we drove (for more than an hour, so Grammy sorta snoozed) to Letchworth State Park. It was the perfect day to see the leaves, close to 80 degrees, no wind, and SUNNY. Lots of other folks thought so too, and it was a little tricky finding a place to park. We got to enjoy some of the beauties of Nature. I'll never understand how some people can claim that there is no Creator when we see waterfalls and how gorgeous Fall leaves look with a backdrop of BLUE SKY. (Of course the blue can't compare to the colors we REGULARLY see back in Colorado, but it happens so rarely here that we truly APPRECIATED it!!!)

I felt a little guilty being so enthused about our weather here, because at HOME they were getting the first measurable SNOW of the season, and the cold wind to go with it. I figure there will be more about the time I go back just before Halloween, because Colorado ALWAYS seems to be cold and rainy or snowy for trick-or-treaters. (Chase is going to be one of the BEST because he's got the cutest costume, but that's for another post)

Going to put some of the pix on from our drive, then get ready to go watch the little fishy at swimming class...

No comments: