ever notice how fast the years start going as soon as you get over that hill? I certainly have, and this is kind of a nostalgic week for me. My mom's birthday and my dad's, as well as my own "somethingth" have all occurred, and I realize how much I miss them. Mom has been gone for 10 years and Dad has been gone for 13, and there are days when I would like to speak to both of them. Sometimes I think about calling Mom up to ask her advice, or for one of her recipes, and whenever I think of making comfort food I think of her kitchen, or of her sewing room. I think of my dad when I look at the bookcase that is in my bedroom filled with "church" books. I wish that I had spent more time with them than I did. I wish that my three children had known them better. I appreciate their sacrifices for their seven children as I reflect on my childhood, and I admire them for the lives they lived.
The older I get (and I speak this as the youngest of the seven) the more I realize how great my life has been because of the heritage I received from my parents. I hope that I can be remembered as well-loved as my Mom.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA!
that post got me all choked up!
I wish I had known them better, too... but at least we knew them a little bit.
you are definitely loved & will be remembered. SO DON'T DIE, OK?! you are the best mom ever & we are lucky that we got you! (or "picked" you, as you like to say!)
:)
I hope you like the CD...
Post a Comment